Archiving Regulations of Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf of 10 January 2019
Pursuant to Section 11 of the Law on Safeguarding and Using Public Archive Material in the State of North Rhine-Westphalia (ArchivG NRW) of 16 March 2010, last amended by the Law of 16 September 2014, and Section 2 (4) of the Law on the Universities in the Federal State of North Rhine-Westphalia (Law on Universities - HG) of 16 September 2014 (NRW Gazette of Laws and Ordinances, p. 547), last amended by the Law of 17 October 2017, Heinrich Heine University has issued the following Regulations:
(1) The University Archives Düsseldorf are part of the University and State Library Düsseldorf (ULB). The University Archives shall be managed entirely by an academic archivist who holds the professional qualification for a higher archival service.
(1) Pursuant to Section 1 (1) in conjunction with Section 11 of the Archive Law of North Rhine-Westphalia (ArchivG NRW), the University Archives are responsible for archiving administrative documents originating from Heinrich Heine University and its predecessor institutions.
(2) In addition, the University Archives may also collect supplementary documentation such as bequests of members, former members and affiliates of Heinrich Heine University as well as student and other records of historical value to Heinrich Heine University.
(3) The University Archives shall advise the university offices on questions of analogue and electronic record keeping.
(4) The University Archives shall contribute to the analysis and communication of the history of Heinrich Heine University.
(1) Pursuant to Section 4 (1) of the Archive Law of North Rhine-Westphalia (ArchivG NRW), the institutes of Heinrich Heine University are obliged to provide documents to the University Archives as soon as they are no longer required for the performance of official duties and the statutory retention periods have expired.
(2) In accordance with Section 2 (6) of the Archive Law of North Rhine-Westphalia (ArchivG NRW), the University Archives shall decide from a professional point of view whether the documents offered shall be archived.
(3) Without the consent of the University Archives, retention, disposal, destruction or forwarding for destruction of any archive records shall not be permitted.
(1) With regard to use, Section 6 and Section 7 of the Archive Law of North Rhine-Westphalia (ArchivG NRW) as well as Sections 2–5 and Sections 7–11 of the Regulation on Using the State Archives of North Rhine-Westphalia and the Respective Charges of 29 May 2015 (ArchivNGO NRW) shall apply by analogy, unless otherwise stipulated below.
(2) In accordance with the Archive Law of North Rhine-Westphalia (ArchivG NRW), these Archiving Regulations and the provisions of the Regulation on Using the State Archives of North Rhine-Westphalia and the Respective Charges (ArchivNGO NRW) declared applicable in accordance with these Archiving Regulations, every person has the right to use the archive records on request, unless otherwise stipulated on the basis of other legal provisions.
(3) Fees shall be charged on the basis of the ULB’s Fee Regulations, as amended, insofar as these are applicable to the University Archives.
(4) These Regulations shall not apply to the official use of the archive records by those institutes of Heinrich Heine University in which they originated.
(5) The University Archives may set opening hours and requesting times.
(6) The archive records submitted shall be handled with utmost care. In particular, it is not permitted to change the system of the archive materials, remove parts of the archive materials, add labels of any kind and use the archive materials as writing or tracing material. In order to protect the archive materials, smoking, eating, drinking and taking notes without leak-proof writing tools in particular is prohibited.
(7) The use of non-official archive records and collections may be subject to special provisions, in particular agreements with estate donor, which must be observed.
(8) Anyone who seriously or repeatedly violates these Regulations on Using the University Archives or disturbs the order of the University Archives in any other way may be temporarily or permanently excluded from use or restricted in use.
(1) Request for reproduction are forwarded to the responsible office within the ULB. The fees for scans and all other types of reproductions are governed by the ULB’s Fee Regulations, as amended.
(2) Taking of digital photographs by users in the reading area of the University Archives may be authorised by the University Archives upon request if the photographs are intended for personal use and study. Any dissemination or publication of reproductions made in this way requires authorisation of the University Archives. This is without prejudice to any copyrights.
The user is obliged to provide the University Archives with a deposit copy of any work that was written or created thanks to substantial use of the archive materials of the University Archives (Section 6 (5) in conjunction with Section 10 (5) in conjunction with Section 11 (1)(2) of the Archive Law of North Rhine-Westphalia (ArchivG NRW).
The Rectorate of Heinrich Heine University shall allocate separately identified budgetary funds to the University and State Library to fulfil the tasks of the University Archives.
These Regulations shall enter into force on the day following their publication in the Official Bulletin of Heinrich Heine University.
The Archiving Regulations of Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf of 15 January 2015 shall simultaneously become obsolete.
Issued on the basis of the resolution of the Senate of Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf of 9 October 2018.
In Düsseldorf, on 10 January 2019
of Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf
(Univ.-Prof. Dr. iur.)
Veröffentlicht in den Amtlichen Bekanntmachungen der Heinrich-Heine-Universität Düsseldorf
Nr. 2/2019 vom 10. Januar 2019.