In the online training courses on literature research, you will learn tips and tricks for searching for suitable scientific literature for your term papers and theses. We show you research strategies and search tools that you can put to good use when preparing your written work.
We offer trainings on 2 levels: for beginners and for advanced learners.
The following questions, among others, are answered in the training sessions:
Literature research for beginners:
- What is a search strategy and why do I need it?
- How do I find scientific literature?
- How does the ULB catalogue work?
- What are the profit tricks for searching the catalogue?
Literature research for advanced students:
- What are subject databases and what do I need them for?
- How do I find the right database for my subject?
- How do I search for e-media?
- What other research services can I use?
Our courses are suitable for all subjects.
Literature research for beginners is aimed at students in the first semesters and interested persons who are at the beginning of an academic thesis and need guidance for independent research.
Literature research for advanced students serves to build on the knowledge of the previous course. A prerequisite for participation is basic knowledge of researching in the ULB catalogue.
This is an online event.
You will receive the link to the Webex event after registering via the appointment booking system. Please log in via this link at the time of the training. Questions can be asked in the chat or via microphone.
You can use Webex via your browser. It is not necessary to install the Webex app.