for the University and State Library Düsseldorf of 4 February 2010
(1) The use of the University and State Library Düsseldorf (hereinafter: library) is generally free of charge for members and affiliates of Heinrich Heine University.
(2) Fees will be charged for administrative activities and types of use in accordance with these Fee Regulations and the relevant provisions of the Law on Fees for the Federal State of North Rhine-Westphalia, as amended. Special fees and expenses shall be reimbursed.
(3) Overdue fees will be charged if the loan periods stipulated in the Regulations for Use are exceeded.
(1) A fee in the amount of €15.00 per each commenced calendar year is charged for the library card. In the event of premature termination of the patron relationship, the use fee for the current calendar year shall not be reimbursed.
(2) A fee in the amount of €10.00 will be charged for replacement of a lost or damaged library card.
(3) Members and affiliates of Heinrich Heine University as well as members and affiliates of other State-supported higher education institutions pursuant to Section 1 of the Framework Law on Higher Education (HRG) are exempt from the fee. This does not apply to former students of other higher education institutions who have been declared affiliates in accordance with the Statute pursuant to Section 9 (4)(3) of the Law on the Universities in the Federal State of North Rhine-Westphalia (HG NW). The affiliation to a higher education institution must be proven.
(4) The library management may exempt other patron groups from the obligation to pay a fee for the library card.
In addition to the overdue fees stipulated in Section 4, in case of loss, damage or non-return of items or parts thereof, the borrower shall pay compensation for damage in form of the costs for actual replacement or repair or compensation for value. In addition, an administrative fee in the amount of EUR €25.00 per item shall be charged.
(1) The fee per item to be charged for exceeding the loan period is due when the loan period is exceeded and amounts to:
in case of exceeding the loan period by up to 10 calendar days: €2.00
in case of exceeding the loan period by up to 20 calendar days: €5.00
in case of exceeding the loan period by up to 30 calendar days: €10.00
in case of exceeding the loan period by 31 or more calendar days: €20.00
(2) If an item borrowed as a short-term loan is not returned on time, the fee per borrowed item and calendar day is €2.00.
(3) If the loan period is exceeded by more than 40 calendar days or, in the case of short-term loans, by more than 10 calendar days, the library issues an immediately enforceable return order and, if the item is not returned within 28 days, the library shall initiate enforcement proceedings to reclaim the item.
(4) If the enforcement is unsuccessful and the loan period is exceeded by more than 40 calendar days, or the deadline for the return of a short-term loan is exceeded by more than 10 calendar days, this shall be considered a non-return of the relevant item. In this case, the patron is obliged to pay compensation for damage in addition to the overdue fees. Furthermore, an administrative fee in the amount of €25.00 per item will be charged.
(5) If the enforcement proceedings appear inexpedient or have no effect and the loan period is exceeded by more than 40 calendar days or the loan period for a short-term loan is exceeded by more than 10 calendar days, the borrowed item is considered as not returned and a compensation for damage, and an administrative fee in the amount of €25.00 per item will be charged in addition to the overdue fees.
(6) A loan period may not be extended via the patron account, for instance, if the fee account is overdrawn by more than €40.00 or the account has been blocked for more than 30 calendar days due to an existing overdue item notice.
A processing fee is charged for requesting items by way of interlibrary loans. The amount of the processing fee is based on the applicable provisions of the Regulations on Loan Transactions in the Federal Republic of Germany (Loan Transactions Regulations) and the supplementary rules of the Federal State of North Rhine-Westphalia.
The costs for other services provided by the library on special request within the scope of its mandate and its possibilities (e.g. production of copies or digitised copies upon request) and for expenses incurred by the library in connection with providing these services shall be charged on the basis of a separate price list according to the expenditure incurred. The price list is determined by the library management and is published in the respective applicable version.
(1) If notices are sent by post, the mailing costs shall be reimbursed by the patron. If enforcement measures are necessary, fees and expenses will be charged in this respect in accordance with the Administrative Enforcement Law of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia and Regulations on Costs issued in this respect, as amended from time to time.
(2) If a patron fails to notify the library of a change in his/her address or name, a fee of €10.00 will be charged for the expenses incurred by the library in ascertaining the address.
Fees and expenses incurred may exceptionally be deferred, reduced or waived entirely upon request if their collection would cause severe hardship in the individual case. The relevant decision shall be issued by the library management.
These Fee Regulations shall enter into force on the day following their publication in the Official Bulletin of Heinrich Heine University.
(1) Service fees:
Interlibrary loans in accordance with the relevant provision of the Regulations for Use
German interlibrary loans: per request (book or article): €1.50
International interlibrary loans: fees of the foreign library apply
(2) Reimbursement of special fees:
(a) Fees for reproduction services in accordance with the relevant provision of the Regulations for Use
Scan up to DIN A1 format
Basic price incl. 10 scans: €42.00
Each additional scan: €5.00
Data carrier (CD): €3.50
Special fees are waived for lecturers and academic staff of Heinrich Heine University, who require reproductions/copies for work purposes, provided that these do not exceed the normal reasonable quantities.
(b) Fee for reservation of borrowed media: €0.50
(c) Fee for loans for events: €50.00
In Düsseldorf, on 11 February 2021
President of Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf
Anja Steinbeck (Univ.-Prof. Dr. iur.)